filling: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fil'ing), [key]
- an act or instance of filling.
- something that is put in to fill something else: They used sand as filling for the depression.
- a substance such as cement, amalgam, gold, or the like, used to fill a cavity caused by decay in a tooth.
- a food mixture that goes into something, as if to fill it: sandwich filling; pie filling.
- Also calledyarn carried by the shuttle and interlacing at right angles with the warp in woven cloth. See diag. under
- filling (Thesaurus)