Meaning of festoon
Pronunciation: (fe-stn'), [key]
- a string or chain of flowers, foliage, ribbon, etc., suspended in a curve between two points.
- a decorative representation of this, as in architectural work or on pottery.
- a fabric suspended, draped, and bound at intervals to form graceful loops or scalloped folds.
- the garlandlike area of the gums surrounding the necks of the teeth.
- to adorn with or as with festoons: to festoon a hall.
- to form into festoons: to festoon flowers and leaves.
- to reproduce natural gum patterns around the teeth or a denture.
- to connect by festoons.
- festoon (Thesaurus)