fellowship: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fel'ō-ship"), [key]
— n., v., -shipped -shiped, -ship•ping -ship•ing.
- the condition or relation of being a fellow: the fellowship of humankind.
- friendly relationship; companionship: the fellowship of father and son.
- community of interest, feeling, etc.
- communion, as between members of the same church.
- an association of persons having similar tastes, interests, etc.
- a company, guild, or corporation.
- the body of fellows in a college or university.
- the position or emoluments of a fellow of a college or university, or the sum of money he or she receives.
- a foundation for the maintenance of a fellow in a college or university.
- to admit to fellowship, esp. religious fellowship.
- to join in fellowship, esp. religious fellowship.
- fellowship (Thesaurus)