Meaning of faithful
Pronunciation: (fāth'ful), [key]
- strict or thorough in the performance of duty: a faithful worker.
- true to one's word, promises, vows, etc.
- steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant: faithful friends.
- reliable, trusted, or believed.
- adhering or true to fact, a standard, or an original; accurate: a faithful account; a faithful copy.
- full of faith; believing.
- the believers, esp. members of a Christian church or adherents of Islam.
- the body of loyal members of any party or group.
- faithful (Thesaurus)