fairway: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fâr'wā"), [key]
- an unobstructed passage, way, or area.
- More important than long drives is keeping your ball on the fairway.
- the part of the course where the grass is cut short between the tees and the putting greens, exclusive of the rough, trees, and hazards:More important than long drives is keeping your ball on the fairway.
- the mowed part of any hole between the tee and the green:The foursome is now on the tenth fairway.
- the navigable portion of a river, harbor, or other partly enclosed body of water.
- the channel customarily navigated by vessels in such a body of water.
- fairway (Thesaurus)