Meaning of facsimile
Pronunciation: (fak-sim'u-lē), [key]
— n., v., adj. -led, -le•ing,
- an exact copy, as of a book, painting, or manuscript.
- Also called
- a method or device for transmitting documents, drawings, photographs, or the like, by means of radio or telephone for exact reproduction elsewhere.
- an image transmitted by such a method.
- dropout (def. 5).
- to reproduce in facsimile; make a facsimile of.
- facsimile mail.
- (of an image) copied by means of facsimile:facsimile mail.
- (of a method or device) used to produce a facsimile:facsimile transmission.
- facsimile (Thesaurus)