fabric: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fab'rik), [key]
- a cloth made by weaving, knitting, or felting fibers: woolen fabrics.
- the texture of the woven, knitted, or felted material: cloth of a soft, pliant fabric.
- framework; structure: the fabric of society.
- a building; edifice.
- the method of construction.
- the act of constructing, esp. of a church building.
- the maintenance of such a building.
- the spatial arrangement and orientation of the constituents of a rock.
- fabric (Thesaurus)