Meaning of extended
Pronunciation: (ik-sten'did), [key]
- stretched out: extended wires.
- continued or prolonged: extended efforts.
- spread out: extended flags.
- widespread or extensive; having extension or spatial magnitude: extended treatment of a subject.
- outstretched: extended arms.
- expanded (def. 3).
- of or pertaining to a meaning of a word other than its original or primary meaning: an extended sense.
- (of a moving horse) noting an elongated pose in which the legs reach out from the body, the chin is out from the chest, etc. Cf. collected (def. 3a).
- (of the gait of a horse) characterized by long, low, usually fast strides. Cf. collected (def. 3b).
- extended (Thesaurus)