Meaning of driver
Pronunciation: (drī'vur), [key]
- a person or thing that drives.
- a person who drives a vehicle; coachman, chauffeur, etc.
- a person who drives an animal or animals, as a drover or cowboy.
- Also calleda club with a wooden head whose face has almost no slope, for hitting long, low drives from the tee.
- a part that transmits force or motion.
- the member of a pair of connected pulleys, gears, etc., that is nearer to the power source.
- software or hardware that controls the interface between a computer and a peripheral device.
- See(def. 2).
- a locomotive engineer.
- the part of a loudspeaker that transforms the electrical signal into sound.
- the entire loudspeaker.
- a jib-headed spanker sail.
- a designation given to one of the masts abaft the mizzen on a sailing vessel having more than three masts, either the fifth or sixth from forward. Cf. pusher (def. 4),spanker(def. 1b).
- driver (Thesaurus)