Meaning of distill
Pronunciation: (di-stil'), [key]
- to subject to a process of vaporization and subsequent condensation, as for purification or concentration.
- to extract the volatile components of by distillation; transform by distillation.
- to concentrate, purify, or obtain by or as by distillation: to distill whiskey from mash.
- to remove by distillation (usually fol. by off or out): to distill out impurities.
- to extract the essential elements of; refine; abstract: She managed to distill her ideas into one succinct article.
- to let fall in drops; give forth in or as in drops: The cool of the night distills the dew.
- to undergo or perform distillation.
- to become vaporized and then condensed in distillation.
- to drop, pass, or condense as a distillate.
- to fall in drops; trickle; exude.
- distill (Thesaurus)