disco: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dis'kō), [key]
— n., pl. adj., v. -cos,
- a style of popular music for dancing, usually recorded and with complex electronic instrumentation, in which simple, repetitive lyrics are subordinated to a heavy, pulsating, rhythmic beat.
- any of various forms of dance, often improvisational, performed to such music.
- of or pertaining to a disco or disco music.
- intended for a disco or its patrons.
- to dance disco, esp. at a discotheque.
- disco (Thesaurus)