Meaning of disadvantage
Pronunciation: (dis"ud-van'tij, -vän'-), [key]
— n., v., -taged, -tag•ing.
- absence or deprivation of advantage or equality.
- the state or an instance of being in an unfavorable circumstance or condition: to be at a disadvantage.
- something that puts one in an unfavorable position or condition: His bad temper is a disadvantage.
- injury to interest, reputation, credit, profit, etc.; loss: Your behavior is a disadvantage to your family's good name.
- to subject to disadvantage: I was disadvantaged by illness.
- disadvantage (Thesaurus)