dilatation: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dil"u-tā'shun, dī"lu-), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- a dilated formation or part.
- an abnormal enlargement of an aperture or a canal of the body.
- an enlargement made in a body aperture or canal for surgical or medical treatment.
- a restoration to normal patency of an abnormally small body opening or passageway, as of the anus or esophagus.
- the increase in volume per unit volume of a homogeneous substance.