Meaning of dice
Pronunciation: (dīs), [key]
— n.pl., sing. v., die, diced, dic•ing.
- small cubes of plastic, ivory, bone, or wood, marked on each side with one to six spots, usually used in pairs in games of chance or in gambling.
- any of various games, esp. gambling games, played by shaking and throwing from two to six dice or poker dice onto a flat surface. Cf. craps.
- any small cubes.
- a jockeying for lead position between two or more drivers in which tactics are used to pass or keep from being passed.
- of no use or help; ineffective.
- to cut into small cubes.
- to decorate with cubelike figures.
- to lose by gambling with dice (often fol. by away).
- to play at dice.
- to cause or bring about by gambling with dice.
- to duel with another car or cars in a dice.
- dice (Thesaurus)