derelict: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (der'u-likt), [key]
- left or deserted, as by the owner or guardian; abandoned: a derelict ship.
- neglectful of duty; delinquent; negligent.
- a person abandoned by society, esp. a person without a permanent home and means of support; vagrant; bum.
- a vessel abandoned in open water by its crew without any hope or intention of returning.
- personal property abandoned or thrown away by the owner.
- one guilty of neglect of duty.
- land left dry by a change of the water line.
- derelict (Thesaurus)