delicate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (del'i-kit), [key]
- fine in texture, quality, construction, etc.: a delicate lace collar.
- fragile; easily damaged; frail: delicate porcelain; a delicate child.
- so fine as to be scarcely perceptible; subtle: a delicate flavor.
- soft or faint, as color: a delicate shade of pink.
- fine or precise in action or execution; capable of responding to the slightest influence: a delicate instrument.
- requiring great care, caution, or tact: a delicate international situation.
- distinguishing subtle differences: a delicate eye; a delicate sense of smell.
- exquisite or refined in perception or feeling; sensitive.
- regardful of what is becoming, proper, etc.: a delicate sense of propriety.
- mindful of or sensitive to the feelings of others: a delicate refusal.
- dainty or choice, as food: delicate tidbits.
- primly fastidious; squeamish: not a movie for the delicate viewer.
- sensuous; voluptuous.
- a choice food; delicacy.
- a source of pleasure; luxury.
- delicate (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.