Meaning of daughter
Pronunciation: (dô'tur), [key]
- a female child or person in relation to her parents.
- any female descendant.
- a person related as if by the ties binding daughter to parent: daughter of the church.
- anything personified as female and considered with respect to its origin: The United States is the daughter of the 13 colonies.
- an isotope formed by radioactive decay of another isotope.
- pertaining to a cell or other structure arising from division or replication: daughter cell; daughter DNA.
- daughter (Thesaurus)