damask: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dam'usk), [key]
- a reversible fabric of linen, silk, cotton, or wool, woven with patterns.
- napery of this material.
- Also calleddam&prim;ask steel&prim;.SeeDamascus steel.
- the pattern or wavy appearance peculiar to the surface of such steel.
- the pink color of the damask rose.
- made of or resembling damask: damask cloth.
- of the pink color of the damask rose.
- to damascene.
- to weave or adorn with elaborate design, as damask cloth.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.