Meaning of cutout
Pronunciation: (kut'out"), [key]
- something cut out from something else, as a pattern or figure cut out or intended to be cut out of paper, cardboard, or other material.
- a valve in the exhaust pipe of an internal-combustion engine, which when open permits the engine to exhaust directly into the air ahead of the muffler.
- an act or instance of cutting out.
- a trusted intermediary between two espionage agents or agencies.
- a device for the manual or automatic interruption of electric current.
- cutout (Thesaurus)