crumb: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (krum), [key]
- a small particle of bread, cake, etc., that has broken off.
- a small particle or portion of anything; fragment; bit.
- the soft inner portion of a bread (distinguished from crust).
- a cake topping made of sugar, flour, butter, and spice, usually crumbled on top of the raw batter and baked with the cake.
- a contemptibly objectionable or worthless person.
- to dress or prepare with crumbs.
- to break into crumbs or small fragments.
- to remove crumbs from: The waiter crumbed the table.
- crumb (Thesaurus)