creek: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (krēk, krik), [key]
- a stream smaller than a river.
- a stream or channel in a coastal marsh.
- a recess or inlet in the shore of the sea.
- an estuary.
- a narrow, winding passage or hidden recess.
- in a predicament; in a difficult or seemingly hopeless situation.
Pronunciation: (krēk), [key]
— pl. Creeks, Creek.
- a member of a confederacy of North American Indians that in historic times occupied the greater part of Alabama and Georgia.
- Also calleda Muskogean language that is the language of the Creek Indians.
- creek (Thesaurus)