Meaning of counterpoise
Pronunciation: (koun'tur-poiz"), [key]
— n., v., -poised, -pois•ing.
- a counterbalancing weight.
- any equal and opposing power or force.
- the state of being in equilibrium; balance.
- a network of wires or other conductors connected to the base of an antenna, used as a substitute for the ground connection.
- to balance by an opposing weight; counteract by an opposing force.
- to bring into equilibrium.
- to weigh (one thing) against something else; consider carefully.
- counterpoise (Thesaurus)