Meaning of confuse
Pronunciation: (kun-fyz'), [key]
— -fused, -fus•ing.
- to perplex or bewilder: The flood of questions confused me.
- to make unclear or indistinct: The rumors and angry charges tended to confuse the issue.
- to fail to distinguish between; associate by mistake; confound: to confuse dates; He always confuses the twins.
- to disconcert or abash: His candor confused her.
- to combine without order; jumble; disorder: Try not to confuse the papers on the desk.
- to bring to ruin or naught.
- confuse (Thesaurus)