Meaning of confess
Pronunciation: (kun-fes'), [key]
- to acknowledge or avow (a fault, crime, misdeed, weakness, etc.) by way of revelation.
- to own or admit as true: I must confess that I haven't read the book.
- to declare or acknowledge (one's sins), esp. to God or a priest in order to obtain absolution.
- (of a priest) to hear the confession of (a person).
- to acknowledge one's belief or faith in; declare adherence to.
- to reveal by circumstances.
- to make confession; plead guilty; own: to confess to a crime.
- to make confession of sins, esp. to a priest.
- (of a priest) to hear confession.
- confess (Thesaurus)