Meaning of concession
Pronunciation: (kun-sesh'un), [key]
- the act of conceding or yielding, as a right, a privilege, or a point or fact in an argument: He made no concession to caution.
- the thing or point yielded: Management offered a shorter workweek as a concession.
- something conceded by a government or a controlling authority, as a grant of land, a privilege, or a franchise.
- a space or privilege within certain premises for a subsidiary business or service: the refreshment concession at a movie theater.
- any of the usually sixteen divisions of a township, each division being 10 sq. mi. (26 sq. km) in area and containing thirty-two 200-acre lots.
- concession (Thesaurus)