Meaning of clinic
Pronunciation: (klin'ik), [key]
- a place, as in connection with a medical school or a hospital, for the treatment of nonresident patients, sometimes at low cost or without charge.
- a group of physicians, dentists, or the like, working in cooperation and sharing the same facilities.
- a class or group convening for instruction or remedial work or for the diagnosis and treatment of specific problems: a reading clinic; a speech clinic; a summer baseball clinic for promising young players.
- the instruction of medical students by examining or treating patients in their presence or by their examining or treating patients under supervision.
- a class of students assembled for such instruction.
- a performance so thoroughly superior by a team or player as to be a virtual model or demonstration of excellence; rout or mismatch.
- of a clinic; clinical.
- clinic (Thesaurus)