chest: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (chest), [key]
- the trunk of the body from the neck to the abdomen; thorax.
- a box, usually with a lid, for storage, safekeeping of valuables, etc.: a toy chest; a jewelry chest.
- the place where the funds of a public institution or charitable organization are kept; treasury; coffer.
- the funds themselves.
- a box in which certain goods, as tea, are packed for transit.
- the quantity contained in such a box: a chest of spices.
- a small cabinet, esp. one hung on a wall, for storage, as of toiletries and medicines: a medicine chest.
- to relieve oneself of (problems, troubling thoughts, etc.) by revealing them to someone.
- See(def. 8).
- chest (Thesaurus)