catcher: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kach'ur), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- a person or thing that catches.
- the player stationed behind home plate, whose chief duty is to catch pitches not hit by the batter.
- a member of an aerialist team, as in a circus, who hangs head down from a trapeze and catches another member who has completed a jump or somersault through the air.
- a person who feeds metal rods through a looping mill.
- catcher resonator. See under