Meaning of cash
- to give or obtain cash for (a check, money order, etc.).
- He cashed his ace and led the queen.
- to win (a trick) by leading an assured winner.
- to lead (an assured winner) in order to win a trick:He cashed his ace and led the queen.
- After her parents cashed in, she lived with her grandmother.
- to turn in and get cash for (one's chips), as in a gambling casino.
- to end or withdraw from a business agreement; convert one's assets into cash.
- Slang.to die:After her parents cashed in, she lived with her grandmother.
- to profit from; use to one's advantage: swindlers who cash in on the credulity of the public.
- to die.
— pl. cash.
- any of several low-denomination coins of China, India, and the East Indies, esp. a Chinese copper coin.
- (Johnny), born 1932, U.S. country-and-western singer, musician, and composer.
- cash (Thesaurus)