canard: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ku-närd' Fr. ka-nar'), [key]
— pl. -nards
- a false or baseless, usually derogatory story, report, or rumor.
- a duck intended or used for food.
- an airplane that has its horizontal stabilizer and elevators located forward of the wing.
- Also calledcanard&prim; wing&sec;.one of two small lifting wings located in front of the main wings.
- an early airplane having a pusher engine with the rudder and elevator assembly in front of the wings.
- canard (Thesaurus)