Meaning of cabaret
Pronunciation: (kab"u-rā' for 1–4, 6, 7 kab'u-ret" for 5), [key]
— n., v., -reted -ret•ing
- a restaurant providing food, drink, music, a dance floor, and often a floor show.
- a café that serves food and drink and offers entertainment often of an improvisatory, satirical, and topical nature.
- a floor show consisting of such entertainment: The cover charge includes dinner and a cabaret.
- a form of theatrical entertainment, consisting mainly of political satire in the form of skits, songs, and improvisations: an actress whose credits include cabaret, TV, and dinner theater.
- a decoratively painted porcelain coffee or tea service with tray, produced esp. in the 18th century.
- a shop selling wines and liquors.
- to attend or frequent cabarets.
- cabaret (Thesaurus)