cabalism: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kab'u-liz"um), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- the principles or doctrines of the cabala.
- an interpretation of something according to the doctrines of the cabala.
- any mystic or occult doctrine; mysticism; occultism.
- extreme traditionalism in theological conception or interpretation.
- obfuscation or obscurantism, esp. resulting from an excessively recondite vocabulary: the cabalism of some modern literary criticism.