Meaning of burrow
Pronunciation: (bûr'ō, bur'ō), [key]
- a hole or tunnel in the ground made by a rabbit, fox, or similar animal for habitation and refuge.
- a place of retreat; shelter or refuge.
- to make a hole or passage in, into, or under something.
- to lodge in a burrow.
- to hide.
- to proceed by or as if by digging.
- to put a burrow into (a hill, mountainside, etc.).
- to hide (oneself&hasp;), as in a burrow.
- to make by or as if by burrowing: We burrowed our way through the crowd.
- burrow (Thesaurus)