boost: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bst), [key]
- to lift or raise by pushing from behind or below.
- to advance or aid by speaking well of; promote: She always boosts her hometown.
- to increase; raise: to boost prices; to boost the horsepower of the car by 20 percent.
- to steal, esp. to shoplift: Two typewriters were boosted from the office last night.
- to engage in stealing, esp. shoplifting.
- an upward shove or raise; lift.
- an increase; rise: There's been a tremendous boost in food prices.
- an act, remark, or the like, that helps one's progress, morale, efforts, etc.: His pep talk was the boost our team needed.
- boost (Thesaurus)