blouse: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (blous, blouz), [key]
— n., v., bloused, blous•ing.
- a usually lightweight, loose-fitting garment for women and children, covering the body from the neck or shoulders more or less to the waistline, with or without a collar and sleeves, worn inside or outside a skirt, slacks, etc.
- a single-breasted, semifitted military jacket.
- a loose outer garment, reaching to the hip or thigh, or below the knee, and sometimes belted. Cf. smock frock.
- to puff out in a drooping fullness, as a blouse above a fitted waistband.
- to dispose the material of a garment in loose folds, as trouser legs over the tops of boots.
- blouse (Thesaurus)