bleeder: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (blē'dur), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- a person who bleeds abnormally because of low clotting rate; hemophiliac.
- a person or animal that bleeds easily, esp. an athlete or racehorse.
- a person who draws blood from a sick person; phlebotomist.
- a person who drains another of money, resources, etc.; parasite or usurer.
- an ingot or casting from which some metal has escaped.
- Also calleda resistor that is connected across a power supply for voltage regulation and to dissipate the charge remaining in capacitors when the power is discontinued.
- Also calleda valve or opening for draining a tank, tubing, etc.
- a despicable person.
- a person, esp. a man; fellow.