Meaning of blame
Pronunciation: (blām), [key]
— v., n. blamed, blam•ing,
- to hold responsible; find fault with; censure: I don't blame you for leaving him.
- to place the responsibility for (a fault, error, etc.) (usually fol. by on): I blame the accident on her.
- blast; damn (used as a mild curse): Blame the rotten luck.
- at fault; censurable: I am to blame for his lateness.
- an act of attributing fault; censure; reproof: The judge said he found nothing to justify blame in the accident.
- responsibility for anything deserving of censure: We must all share the blame for this deplorable condition.
- blame (Thesaurus)