Meaning of biscuit
Pronunciation: (bis'kit), [key]
- a kind of bread in small, soft cakes, raised with baking powder or soda, or sometimes with yeast.
- a dry and crisp or hard bread in thin, flat cakes, made without yeast or other raising agent; a cracker.
- a cookie.
- a pale-brown color.
- Also calledunglazed earthenware or porcelain after firing.
- a piece of plastic or the like, prepared for pressing into a phonograph record.
- having the color biscuit.
Pronunciation: (bēs-kwē'), [key]
— n. French.
- a cookie or cracker.
- biscuit (Thesaurus)