Meaning of berlin
Pronunciation: (bur-lin', bûr'lin), [key]
- a large, four-wheeled, closed carriage hung between two perches and having two interior seats.
- (sometimes cap.) See
Pronunciation: (bur-lin' for 1, 2 bûr'lin for 3, 4 for 2 also Ger. ber-lēn'), [key]
- born 1888, U.S. songwriter.
- the capital of Germany, in the NE part: constitutes a state. 3,121,000; 341 sq. mi. (883 sq. km.). Formerly (1948-90) divided into a western zonea part of West Germany; and an eastern zonethe capital of East Germany.
- a town in central Connecticut. 15,121.
- a city in N New Hampshire. 13,084.
- berlin (Thesaurus)