beep: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bēp), [key]
- a short, relatively high-pitched tone produced by a horn, electronic device, or the like as a signal, summons, or warning.
- one of the periodic signals sounded by a beeper.
- to make or emit such a sound: When the timer beeps, take the cake out of the oven.
- to sound (a horn, warning signal, etc.): impatient drivers beeping their horns.
- to announce, warn, summon, etc., by beeping: The doctor was beeped to call the hospital.
- beep (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.