Meaning of beak
Pronunciation: (bēk), [key]
- the bill of a bird; neb.
- any similar horny mouthpart in other animals, as the turtle or duckbill.
- anything beaklike or ending in a point, as the spout of a pitcher.
- a person's nose.
- proboscis (def. 3).
- a narrowed or prolonged tip.
- (formerly) a metal or metal-sheathed projection from the bow of a warship, used to ram enemy vessels; ram; rostrum.
- a serif on the arm of a character, as of a K.
- Also calleda pendant molding forming a drip, as on the soffit of a cornice.
- a judge; magistrate.
- a schoolmaster.
- beak (Thesaurus)