Meaning of bastard
Pronunciation: (bas'turd), [key]
- a person born of unmarried parents; an illegitimate child.
- Some bastard slashed the tires on my car.
- a vicious, despicable, or thoroughly disliked person:Some bastard slashed the tires on my car.
- a person, esp. a man:The poor bastard broke his leg.
- something irregular, inferior, spurious, or unusual.
- illegitimate in birth.
- spurious; not genuine; false: The architecture was bastard Gothic.
- of abnormal or irregular shape or size; of unusual make or proportions: bastard quartz; bastard mahogany.
- having the appearance of; resembling in some degree: a bastard Michelangelo; bastard emeralds.
- (of a character) not of the font in which it is used or found.
- bastard (Thesaurus)