attenuate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.u-ten'y-āt"adj.u-ten'y-it, -āt"), [key]
— v., adj. -at•ed, -at•ing,
- to weaken or reduce in force, intensity, effect, quantity, or value: to attenuate desire.
- to make thin; make slender or fine.
- to render less virulent, as a strain of pathogenic virus or bacterium.
- to decrease the amplitude of (an electronic signal).
- to become thin or fine; lessen.
- weakened; diminishing.
- tapering gradually to a narrow extremity.
- attenuate (Thesaurus)