Athens: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ath'inz), [key]
- Greek,a city in and the capital of Greece, in the SE part. 885,136.
- a metropolitan area comprising the city of Athens, Piraeus, and several residential suburbs. 2,530,000.
- a city in N Georgia. 42,549.
- a city in S Ohio. 19,743.
- a town in N Alabama. 14,558.
- a town in S Tennessee. 12,080.
- a town in E Texas. 10,197.
- any city that is compared to Athens, esp. as a cultural center: the Athens of the Midwest.
- athens (Thesaurus)