arrive: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-rīv'), [key]
— v., -rived, -riv•ing.
- to come to a certain point in the course of travel; reach one's destination: He finally arrived in Rome.
- to come to be near or present in time: The moment to act has arrived.
- to attain a position of success, power, achievement, fame, or the like: After years of hard work, she has finally arrived in her field.
- to happen: It arrived that the master had already departed.
- to reach; come to.
- to arrive at a conclusion.
- to come to a place after traveling; reach.
- to attain the objective in a course or process:to arrive at a conclusion.
Pronunciation: (ar"ē-vā' Fr. a-rē-vā'), [key]
— pl. -vés
- a person who has swiftly gained wealth, status, success, or fame.
- arrive (Thesaurus)