Meaning of arctic
Pronunciation: (ärk'tik or, esp. for 7, är'tik), [key]
- (often cap.) of, pertaining to, or located at or near the North Pole: the arctic region.
- coming from the North Pole or the arctic region: an arctic wind.
- characteristic of the extremely cold, snowy, windy weather north of the Arctic Circle; frigid; bleak: an arctic winter.
- suitable for use in the arctic: arctic boots.
- extremely cold in manner, atmosphere, etc.: a look of arctic disdain.
- (often cap.) the region lying north of the Arctic Circle or of the northernmost limit of tree growth; the polar area north of the timber line.
- warm, waterproof overshoes.
- arctic (Thesaurus)