amphibious: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (am-fib'ē-us), [key]
- living or able to live both on land and in water; belonging to both land and water.
- capable of operating on both land and water: amphibious vehicles.
- of or pertaining to military operations by both land and naval forces against the same object, esp. to a military attack by troops landed by naval ships.
- trained or organized to fight, or fighting, on both land and sea: amphibious troops.
- combining two qualities, kinds, traits, etc.; of or having a mixed or twofold nature.
- amphibious (Thesaurus)