am: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (am unstressed &schwam, m), [key]
- 1st pers. sing. pres. indic. of
- Asian Male.
- amplitude modulation: a method of impressing a signal on a radio carrier wave by varying its amplitude.
- a system of broadcasting by means of amplitude modulation.
- of, pertaining to, or utilizing such a system. Cf. FM
— Symbol, Chem.
- ampere per meter.
- Master of Arts.
- before noon.
- the period from midnight to noon, esp. the period of daylight prior to noon: Shall we meet Saturday a.m.?
- a morning newspaper, sometimes issued shortly before midnight. Cf. p.m.
- am (Thesaurus)