Meaning of alive
Pronunciation: (u-līv'), [key]
- having life; living; existing; not dead or lifeless.
- living (used for emphasis): the proudest man alive.
- in a state of action; in force or operation; active: to keep hope alive.
- full of energy and spirit; lively: Grandmother's more alive than most of her contemporaries.
- having the quality of life; vivid; vibrant: The room was alive with color.
- live (def. 17).
- alert or sensitive to; aware of: City planners are alive to the necessity of revitalizing deteriorating neighborhoods.
- filled with living things; swarming; teeming: The room was alive with mosquitoes.
- pay attention! move quickly!: Look alive! We haven't got all day.
- alive (Thesaurus)