advise: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ad-vīz'), [key]
— v., -vised, -vis•ing.
- to give counsel to; offer an opinion or suggestion as worth following: I advise you to be cautious.
- to recommend as desirable, wise, prudent, etc.: He advised secrecy.
- to give (a person, group, etc.) information or notice (often fol. by of): The investors were advised of the risk. They advised him that this was their final notice.
- to take counsel; consult (usually fol. by with): I shall advise with my friends.
- to offer counsel; give advice: I shall act as you advise.
- advise (Thesaurus)